Code Enforcement, building & plumbing permit info and forms

Guy Lehouillier CEO/ LPI Office 625-4663 Cell 256-2410 or Email

All electrical & plumbing work must be done by a licensed electrician or plumber, except as provided by these codes. The Town of Hiram has adopted the following portions of MUBEC, The Maine Uniform Building Code ("MUBC") consists of the following components on MUBEC.

                            2015 International Residential Code (IRC)

                            2015 International Building Code (IBC)

                            2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)

To get your electricity connected have your electrician file the 1360 form with my office, do not send it to CMP, I will conduct the electrical inspection when needed. You will also need a State of Maine Electrical permit for any rentals and all commercial work and the The State of Maine Electrical Inspector will handle those inspections. 

The following provisions of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Condition Engineers (ASHRAE) Standards

                            62.1-2007 Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality

                            62.2- 2007 Ventilation and Acceptable Indoor Air Quality in Low  

                                                Rise Residential Buildings

                            E-1465-2006 Standard Practice for Radon Control Options for the               

                                Design and Construction of New Low Rise Residential Buildings. 

The Town of Hiram is a MUBC Town and has adopted the building code part of MUBEC.


Below you will find PDFs that explain the basic permit information as well as a fee file. 

These are general guidelines, if you have any questions please contact Guy Lehouillier

BuildingPermit Fees 2020 (pdf)


Shoreland Building Info (pdf)


Building Permit Info (pdf)


Zoning Info Sheet (pdf)


Town of Hiram Ordinances

Shoreland Zoning 3.2019 (pdf)


Zoning Ordinance 9.2018 (pdf)


Junk Yard (pdf)